Small group escorted tour chasing the Northern Lights
From OSLO to HELSINKI To NORWEGIAN COAST, HELSINKI and TALLINN - 17 Nights
- Departing from:
- OSLO to HELSINKI
- NORWEGIAN COAST, HELSINKI and TALLINN
- 17 Nights
- TRIPLE SHARE N2
- Travel Dates:
- 26/10/21 to 12/11/21
- Reference Code:
Price per person
Price on Northbound itinerary on 26OCT2021
Triple share from AUD$7,024/per person
Twin share from AUD$7,950/per person
Price on Southbound itinerary on 16OCT2021
Triple share from AUD$6,365/per person
Twin share from AUD$7,190/per person
Northern Lights Promise on Norway Cruises
The beautiful Aurora Borealis is Mother Nature’s ultimate light show. We know that no trip to the Arctic Circle is quite complete without experiencing this highlight at least once on your journey. If the Northern Lights do not appear on your cruise to Norway, we will give you another 6 or 7-day Classic Voyage FREE OF CHARGE. The promise is applicable on select voyages between 1 October and 31 March. See full terms and conditions below.
SOUTHBOUND DEPARTURES2021: (14 days)
21 December (Christmas tour)
3, 23 January
5, 23 February
2, 23 March
NORTHBOUND DEPARTURES2021: (18 days)
27, 29 September
1, 7, 15, 21, 26 October
1, 6, 9, 12, 17, 23, 28 November
4, 9, 12, 15, 17, 20, 23, 26, 28 December (Christmas tours)
3, 11, 17, 20, 26 January
2, 8, 11, 19, 24 February
2, 4, 7, 15, 18 March
Included in your voyage
- 4 star accommodation standard
- 11 nights’ hotel accommodation (1 night in glass igloo) & 6 nights’ cruise accommodation in a cabin category of your choice
- Luggage service from hotel in Oslo to hotel in Bergen (1 bag per person)
- Luggage service at all hotels (starting with luggage OUT in Oslo, and ending with luggage IN in Helsinki)
- Daily breakfast, 6 lunches
- 12 dinners
- City tours of Oslo, Bergen, Helsinki & Tallinn
- Return Ferry ticket to Tallinn
- Norway in a Nutshell, Flåm Railway journey
- First class coach from Kirkenes to Helsinki
- English speaking guide from start to finish
- Reindeer Farm visit (sled ride, depending on weather)
- Husky Farm visit (sled ride, depending on weather)
- Santa Claus Village visit
- Siida museum visit
Not included in your voyage
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our Expedition Team such as kayaking (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling other than those specified
- Beverages with meals
- Prices are in AU$ per person based on two people travelling together sharing a twin cabin
- Not all cabin categories are available for all departures
- Single cabin pricing available on request
- Hurtigruten has a flexible pricing system and all prices are capacity controlled and subject to availability.
- Northern Lights Promise: If the Northern Lights are not recorded during your Follow The Lights tour, including land component, we’ll offer a free northbound or southbound voyage. T&Cs apply
EXTEND YOUR STAY
To book a pre- or post-programme hotel stay please contact one of our Expedition Specialists via 1 300 063 536.
We navigate skerries and islands before reaching Ålesund, renowned for its beautiful Art Nouveau architecture. Leaving Ålesund we head north towards Trondheim. Overnight on board our ship.
Enjoy a short drive through Kirkenes, before arriving at Inari, the Sami capital (traditional nomads of Scandinavia, reindeer herders), where we’ll visit the Siida Sami museum and afterwards enjoy a reindeer experience.
Today we visit a husky farm and learn about the life and training of these unique Arctic dogs. In the evening there may be optional evening Aurora Borealis tours. Overnight in Saariselkä.
Today we visit Santa Claus Village, where you will have free time to explore. In the evening, spend the night in a glass igloo. Overnight in Sinettä.
Arrive in Rovaniemi and enjoy free time or optional extra touring options. Overnight in Rovaniemi.
An early start with a full day excursion to the medieval town of Tallinn in Estonia. Take the ferry followed by a combined bus and walking tour of the city. Stops will include the baroque Kadriorg Park and the seaside district of Pirita. Walk through the winding, cobblestoned streets of the Old Town continuing to Toompea Castle, home to the Estonian parliament. Visit Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the Dome Church before enjoying some free time before boarding the ferry to return to Helsinki. Tonight, enjoy a special farewell dinner. Overnight in Helsinki.
After breakfast at the hotel our tour ends.
Northern Light Promise Terms & Conditions with Hurtigruten
Northern Lights Occurrence is defined as a sighting from the ship which is recorded by the ship’s deck officers and which is announced to passengers on board. An occurrence can last anything from a few minutes to a matter of hours, and the ships decision as to whether the Northern light occurred is final. We hope that you will experience seeing the Northern Lights whilst on your Classic Round Voyages cruise or select Expedition cruises in Norway, although we cannot be held responsible if you don’t. We do however, promise that in the event of there being no Northern Lights Occurrence as defined above on your voyage, we will invite you back to cruise with us once more
Subject to the following ‘Terms and Conditions’ in 2021/22
You will be able to take a 6 or 7 days Classic Voyage cruise, departing 1 October 2022 to 31 March 2023 in an unspecified inside twin cabin on a full board basis, (you may upgrade to another grade of cabin subject to additional costs and availability). This offer applies to all new bookings on the Classic Round Voyages and select Expedition cruises along the Norwegian coast, departing from 1 October 2021 to 31 Mar 2022. Hurtigruten reserves the right to withdraw or amended the offer at any time . Please check at the time of booking as to current status of offer The offer cruise must be booked within 28 days from your return date. A choice of departure dates will be given. ‘Exclusions’ Offer excludes flights, transfers, all on board expenses, excursions, luggage handling. Offer does not apply to re-scheduled or cancelled cruises. Bookings are non-transferable, non-changeable and have no cash value.